Research article of Journal of Plant and Environmental Research
Biochemical and Biological effects of Kaurene oxidase inhibitor such as Paclobutrazol on vegetative in Mango Cvs. Dashehri, Langra, Chausa and Fazri
Ashok Kumar ¹, С.Р. Singh² and Late Sant Ram³
1Professor, Uttaranchal college of Agriculture Science, Uttaranchal University, Dehradun-248007, U.K. India.2Professor, Department of Horticulture, G.B.P.U.A&T- Pant Nagar, U.P., India.3Professor, Department of Horticulture, G.B.P.U.A&T- Pant Nagar U.K. India
The compound Paclobutrazol [(2RS, 3RS)-1-(4-chlorophenyl)-4, 4-dimethyle-2- (1, 2, 4 Triazol-1-y)] pentan-3-ethanol was the action of this retardants can be antagonized by Gibberellins (GA3) and ent-Kaurenoic acid. The growth regulating properties of paclobutrazol are mediated by changes in the levels of important plant hormones including the gibberellins (GAs), abscisic acid (ABA) and cytokinins (CK). Paclobutrazol (PBZ) affects the isoprenoid pathway, and alters the levels of plant hormones by inhibiting gibberellin synthesis and increasing cytokinins level. When gibberellins synthesis is inhibited, more precursors in the terpenoid pathway accumulate and that resulted to the production of abscisic acid. PBZ has been used to provide plant protection against numerous abiotic stresses such as chilling, water deficit stress, flooding and salinity. Paclobutrazol acts as stress protectant by maintaining relative water content, membrane stability index, photosynthetic activity, and photosynthetic pigments and protects the photosynthetic machinery by enhancing the level of osmolytes, antioxidant activities and level of endogenous hormones and thereby enhances the yield. It is suggested that its main biochemical action is to block the reactions that lead from ent-Kaurene to ent-Kaurenoic acid in the course of Gibberellins biosynthesis courses, reduced vegetative growth more intensively than root growth by this compound.
Keywords: Paclobutrazol (PBZ), precocious, Mango (Mangifora indica L.). Auxin (IAA), Gibberellins, Cytokinins and Plant Growth Regulator
How to cite this article:
Ashok Kumar, С.Р. Singh and Late Sant Ram. Biochemical and Biological effects of Kaurene oxidase inhibitor such as Paclobutrazol on vegetative in Mango Cvs. Dashehri, Langra, Chausa and Fazri. Journal of Plant and Environmental Research, 2019,3:12.
1. Buchenauer, H and Grossman, E. 1977. Triadimefon: Mode of action in plants and fungi. Hetch 1.Plant Pathol. 83: 93-103
2. Buchenauer, H and Rohner, E. 1981.Effect of triademefon on growth of various plants species as well as on Gibberellins content and sterol metabolism in shoots of barley seedlings. Pestic Biochem Physiol, 15: 58-70.
3. Froggatt, P.J.; Thomas, w.D. and Batch J.J·1982. The value of lodging control in winter Wheat as exemplified bu the growth regulator PP 333. In Hawkins, A F, Jeffcoat, B(edu) opportunities cereal Sproducity. Monograph 7, British Plants Growth Regulator Group Wantage, pp 71-87.
4. Hildebrandt, E. 1982. Der Einflush von ausgewahlten Wachstumshemmern auf die Gibberellin biosynthese in sellfreien systemen. Dissertation, University of Gottingen.
5. Izumi, K. ; Yamaguchi, L.; Wada, A.; Oshio, H.; Takahashi, N. 1984. Effects of a new plant growth retardent (E)-1-(4-cholorophenyl)-4, 4dimethyl-2-(1,.2,4-triazoi-1-y)- 1-penten-3-ol (S-3307) on the growth and gibbeerellin content of rice plants. Plant Cell Physiol. 25:611-617
6. Lembrich, H.; Dengel, H.J.; Lurssen, K. and Reiser, R. 1984. RSW 0411 ein Vachstumsregulator zur verbesserung der. Standfestigkeit im Vinterraps so Grassamenvermehrunsbau. Mitt Hiol Bundesant Land Forstwirtschaft (Berlim Dahlem), 233:315-316
7. Lever, B.C.; Shearing, S.J.and Batch J.J. 1982, PP333-a new broad spectrum growth retardant. In: Proceedings British Crop Protection Conference- Weeds 1982, Vol 1, BCPC Publications, Croydon, PP 3- 10
8. Redemacher, W. and Jung, J. 1981. Comparative Potency of various synthetic plant growth retardants on the elongation of rice seeding. Crop Sci. 150: 363-371.
9. Khader, S.E.S.A. 1990. Orchard application of Paclobutrazol on ripening. Quality and Storage of Mango fruits. Scientia. Hort. 41: 329-335.
10. Kulkarni, V.J. 1988 a. Chemical control of tree vigour and promotion of flowering and fruiting in Mango (Mengifera indica L) using Paclobutrazol. J. Hort. Sci. 63: 557-566.
11. Kulkarni, V.J. 1989. Tree vigor control in mango IIIrd International Mango Symp. Darwin, Australia, 25-29 September, 189, p.37.
12. Lee, Y.M. and Kim, C.C. 1991. Effect of Plant Growth Regulators on the maturation of Sweet Persimmon (Diospyros kaki L.), Korean Soc. Hort. Sci., 32:173-177
13. Looney, N.E. and Mckellar, J.E. 1987. Effect of foliar and soil surface applied Paclobutrazol on vegetative growth and fruit quality of sweet cherries. J.Amer. Soci. Hort. Hort.Sci., 112:71-76.
14. Luo, Y., Yainwright, H. and Morre, K.G. 1987. Effects of orchard application of Paclobutrazol on the composition and firmness of Apple fruits. Scientia Hori., 39:301-309.
15. Mehta, K.; Rana, H.S. and Awashti, R.P. 1990. Effects of Triaconazol and Paclobutrazol on quality of apricot Cvs. New Castle (Prunus armeniaca L), Advances in Plant. Sci. 3:219-223.
16. Reynolds, A.G. Wardle, D.A.; Cottrell, A.C. and Gaunce, A.P. 1991 Advancement of ‘Riesling, fruit maturity by Paclobutrazol induced reduction of lateral shoot growth J. Amer. Sci. Hort. Sci., 117:430-435.
17. Shaltout, A. D.; Salem, Α.Τ. and Kelany, A.S. 1988, Effect of pre bloom sprays and soil drenches of Paclobutrazol on growth, yield and fruit composition of Roumi Red’ Grapes. J. Amer. Soci. Hort. Sci., 113:13-17.
18. Steffins, G.L. and Wang. S.Y. 1984. Physiological changes induced by Paclobutrazol (PP333) in Apples, Acta. Hortic,. 146: 135-142.
19. Steffins, G.L.; Stafford, A.E. and Lin, J.T. 1990. Gibberellins of Apple seeds from Paclobutrazol treated trees. Proc. Plant. Growth Regulator Society of America. XVIIth Annual Meeting St. Paul Minnesota, USA, 5-6 August 1990. 36, Ithaca, New York, USA; Plant Growth Regulator Society of America.
20. Steffins, G.L.; Wang. S.Y. and Byun. J.K. 1984. Effects if altering Gibberellins availability on growth and chemical composition of apple seedling Proc. Xth Ann. meeting, Plant Growth Regulator Soc. of Ame. ; Boston. Massachusetts, P. 45, Lake Alfred Florida, USA, Florida, Department of Citrus.
21. Steffins, G.L. Wang, S.Y.; Steffins, C.L. and Brennan, T.1983. Influence of Paclobutrazol (PP333) on apple seedlings, growth and Physiology Proc. Plant Growth Regulate. Soc. Amer. 10: 195-206,
22. Swietlik, D. and Miller, S.S. 1983. The effect of Paclobutrazol on growth and response to water stress of apple seedlings, J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 108: 1076-1080.
23. Wang, S. Y, and Steffins, G.L. 1987. Effects of Paclobutrazol on accumulation of Organic Acids and total phenols in wood. J. Plant growth regulation. 6:209-213.
24. Zoecklein, B. W.; Wolf, T.K. ad Judge. J.M 1991. Paclobutrazol effects on fruit Composition and fruit rot of Riesling. (Vitis Vinifera) Grapes in Virginia, Plant Growth Regulators Soc. of Amer. Quarterly., 19: 101-111.