Research article of Journal of Plant and Environmental Research
Paclobutrazol influences post harvest life of Mango Cvs. Dashehari, Langra, Chausa and Fazri
Ashok Kumar ¹, С.Р. Singh² and Late Sant Ram³
1.Professor, Uttaranchal college of Agriculture Science, Uttaranchal University, Dehradun-248007, U.K. India.2.Professor, Department of Horticulture, G.B.P.U.A&T- Pant Nagar, U.P., India.3.Professor, Department of Horticulture, G.B.P.U.A&T- Pant Nagar U.K. India
The treatment consisted of different doses of Paclobutrazol (PP333) namely 1.0g and 0.5g/canopy diameter along with control. Paclobutrazol was applied once in a year 15 October 1997 and 15 September 1998 in soil around the tree canopy spread. Paclobutrazol did not affect on Sugar, pH, Colour, K or glucose-fructose ratio, reduced sugar concentration and did not effect TSS and Firmness of Apple, increased TSS, Ascorbic Acid, Chlorophyll, ß-carotene, amylase, peroxides activity for 12 days in Dashehari Mango in storage at ambient temperature (30-33°C), chemical used Paclobutrazol [(2RS, 3RS)-1-1(4-Chlorophenyl)-4, 4-dimethyl-2-(1,2,4-trizol)-1-yl)] Pentan-3-ethanol.
Keywords:Paclobutrazol (PBZ), Auxins (IAA), Gibberellins, Cytokinins and Plant Growth Regulator.
How to cite this article:
Ashok Kumar, С.Р. Singh and Late Sant Ram. Paclobutrazol influences post harvest life of Mango Cvs. Dashehari, Langra, Chausa and Fazri. Journal of Plant and Environmental Research, 2019,3:13
1. Agnihotri, B. N.; Kapoor, K.L. and Srivastava, J.C. 1963. Physico-chemical changes in mango during storage. Punjab Hort J., 3: (2 – 4) 286-291.
2. Allan, P.; George, A.P.; Nissen, R.J.; Rasmussen, T.S. and Morley Bunker, M.J 1993. Effect of Paclobutrazol on phonological cycling of low chill ‘Florida prince’ Peach in Sub tropical Australia. Scientia Hortic., 53:73-84.
3. Byun, J.K. and Chang. K.H. 1986. Influence of Paclobutrazol on Carbohydrate, Mineral Nutrition and fruit quality of Fuji Apple tress. J. Korean Soci. Hort. Soci. 27: 331-337
4. Chandel, J.S. and Jindal, K.K. 1991. Effect of Triacontanol (TRIA) and Paclobutrazole on fruit set, yield and quality of Japanese plum. Hort. J, 4: 21-25.
5. Cheema, G.S.; Karmakar, D.V. and Joshi, B.M. 1 9 3 9. Investigations on cold storage of mangoes. Misc. Bull. 21 Imperial Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.
6. Choi, J.S.; Shin, K.C.; Kim, J.K.; Kim S.B.; Park., C.d., Jong-Seung-Choi; Kum hul Shin; Jeom Kuk Kim; Seong-Bong Kim and Chan Dong Park Chun, J.P. Korean, O.W. and Lee, J.С. 1990. The effect of foliar application of Paclobutrazol on the vegetative growth, fruit quality and storage behaviors of ‘Okubo’ Peach (Prunes persica L Batsch.), J. Korean soci. Hort. Sci; 31: 135-141.
7. Chun, J.P. and Lee, J.C. 1989. The effect of foliar application of Paclobutrazol on Vegetative growth, Fruit quality and storage behaviors of Okubo Peach trees. Abstracts of communicated papers. Horticultural Abstracts, Korean Society for Horticultural Science 7: 126-127 Presented at the 27th meeting of the Korean Society for Horticultural Science held at kyung Hee University 11 Feb. 1989.
8. Curry, E.A. and Williams. M.W. 1983. Promalin or GA3 increase pedicels and Fruit Length and leaf size of ‘Delicious’ Apples treated with Paclobutazol, Hort Sci 18: 214-215.
9. Dalai, V.B.; Subramanyam, H. and Srivastava, H.C. 1962. Studies on the effect of repeated wax coating on storage behaviour of coorg oranges. J. Fd. Sci. 11(8): 240-244.
10. Deng, H.N.: Wu, G.L.; Zhang, L.C. and Zhang, S.L. 1990. Effect of Paclobutrazol on Photosynthesis and associated characters in Citrus Seedlings. Jiangsu.J. Ag. Sci, 6:39-44.
11. Deyton, D.E and Cummins, J.C. 1991. Strawberry growth and photosynthesis response of Paclobutrazol. J.Amer. Soc.Hort Sci, 109: 878-882.
12. El- Khoreiby, A.M.; Unrath, C.R. and Lehman, L.J. 1990. Paclobutrazol spray timing influence Apples green growth. Hort. Sci.; 24: 310-312.
13. E.I. Otmani.: Jabri, K and Sedhi, M. 1992. Paclobutrazol effect on devlopment on Greenhouse and growth banana: a 2-year assessment. Acta Hortic.: 196: 8996.
14. Elfving, D.C. Chu, C.L.; Lougheed, E.C. and Cline, R.A. 1987. Effected of Daminozide and Paclobutrazol treatment of fruit ripening and storage behaviors of Mclntosh’ Apples, J. Amer. Soci. Hort. Sci. 112: 910-915.
15. Elfving, D.C.; Lougheed, E.C.; Chu, C.L. and Cline, R.A. 1990. Effects of Daminozide Paclobutrazol and Uniconazole treatments on’ Mclntosh’ Apples at harvest and following storage, J. American. Soci. Hort Sci.; 115:750-756.
16. Embree, G.C.; Craing, W.F. and Forsyth, F.R. 1987. Effects of Daminozide, Chlormequat, and Paclobutrazole on growth and fruiting of Clapp’s Favorite’ Pear Hort. Sci, 22:55-56.
17. Facteau. T.J. and Chestnut, Ν.Ε. 1991. Growth fruiting, flowering and fruit Quality of Sweet Cherries treaded with Paclobutrazol, Hort. Sci; 26: 276-278.
18. Forlani, M. and Coppola, V. 1992. Use of two growth regulators on Grape (Cvs. Fiano) Paclobutrazol and S 3307. Vignevini. 19:39-52.
19. Garg, R.C. and Ram, H.B. 1973. A note on the effect of wax emulsion treatment on mango cv. Lucknow Safeda. Prog. Hort., 5 ( 1 ) : 35-39.
20. Garg, R.C.; Ram, H.B. and Singh, S.K. 1 9 7 7. A note on the effect of certain plant growth regulators on the ripening and storage behaviour of guava cv. L49. Prog. Hort., 9(4): 48-51.
21. Garg, R.C.; Ram, H.B.; Singh, S.K. and Singh, R.V. 1979. Effect of regulators on storage behaviour of apples cultivar Red Delicious. Prog. Hort. 11(2): 63- 69.
22. Garg, R.C, Srivastava, R.K.; Ram, H.B., and Verma, R.A. 1971. Role of pre packaging and skin coating on the storage behaviour of mango var. Dasehari. Prog. Hort, 3(2): 49-67.
23. Garg. R.C, Ram, H.B., Singh, S.K. and Singh, R.V. 1976. Effect of some plant growth regulators on the storage behaviour, rate of respiration and general quality of mango cv. Dasehari. Prog. Hort. 8( l ) : 51-55. G
24. George, A.P.; Lioyd, J. and Nissen, R.J., 1992. Effects of Hydrogen Cynamide, Paclobutrazol and pruning date on dormancy release of the low chill Peach Cvs. Florida prince in subtropical Australia. Australian J of Exp. Agric. 32:89-95.
25. Gilffilan, I.M. and Lows, S.J. 1985. Fruit color improvement in Satsuma’s with Paclobutrazol and Ethephon preliminary studies. Citrus and Subtropical Fruit Journal. 621: 4-5.
26. Greene, D. W. 1989, Effect of Paclobutrazol and analogs on growth, yield, fruit quality and storage potential or Delicious Apples. J. Am soc. Hort. Sci,. 116:807-812.
27. Greene, D.W.: Murray, J. 1983. Effects of Paclobutrazol (PP333) and analogs on Growth, fruit quality and storage potential of Delicious apples’ proc, X annual Meeting. Plant growth Regulator Society of America, 1983-207-212 East Lansing, USA, PGR Society of America.
28. Huang, W.D. and Shen, T.I. 1987. The effects of PP 333 (Paclobutrazol) on the growth of seedling of Pyrus betulaefolia Beg. And on the growth and fruiting of Yali pear (P. breschnederi Cvs. Yali). Acta Hortic. 14: 223-231.
29. Khader, S.E.S.A. 1990. Orchard application of Paclobutrazol on ripening, quality and storage of Mango fruits Scientia Hort. 41: 329-335.
30. Kulkarni, V.J. 1988 a. Chemical control of tree vigor and promotion of flowering and fruiting in mango (Mengifera indica L.) using Paclobutrazol. J. Hort. Sei. 63: 557-566.
31. Kulkarni, V.J. 1989. Tree vigor control in mango III International Mango Symp. Darwin, Australia, 25-29 September, 189, p.37
32. Lee, Y.M. and Ki, C.C. 1991. Effect of Plant Growth Regulators on the maturation of Sweet Persimmon (Diospyros kaki L.), Korean Soc. Hort. Sci., 32:173-177.
33. Looney, N.E. and Mckellar, J.E. 1987. Effect of foliar and soil surface applied Paclobutrazol on vegetative growth and fruit quality of sweet cherries. J. Ame. Sci Hort. 112:71-76.
34. Luo, Y.: Yainwright, H. and Morre, K.G. 1987. Effects of orchard application of Paclobutrazol on the composition and firmness of Apple fruits. Scientia Hori 39:301-309.
35. Mehta, K.; Rana, H.S. and Awashti, R.P. 1990. Effects of Triaconazol and Paclobutrazol on quality of apricot Cvs. New Castle (Prunus armeniaca L) Advances in Plant. Sci. 3:219-223
36. Mustard, M.J. and ‘Stab, A.L. 1949. Packing and storage of mango and avocadoes. Proc. Fla. Stole Hort. Soc, 83: 228.
37. Reynolds, A.G.; Wardle, D.A.; Cottrell, А.С. and Gaunce, A.P. 1991 Advancement of ‘Riesling, fruit maturity by Paclobutrazol induced reduction of lateral shoot growth. J. Amer. Sci. Hort. Sci., 117:430-435.
38. Roy, B.N.; Biswas, S., Sana, S.K. and Miss Pramaneek 1980. Effect of hot water with captan on the storage and quality of mango cv. Langra cv. Safeda Pasand. South Ind. Hort., 28 (1): 5-7.
39. Roy, B.N.; Saha, S . K .; Pramanick, S. and Biswas, S. 1980. Effect of wax emulsion on the storage behaviour of mangoes cv. Langra and Himsagar. Prog. Hort,, 11 (4 ): 35-38.
40. Roy, S.K. and Pandey, R.M. 1983. Effect of existing method of harvesting on ripening and storage of mango. Silver jubilee celebration seminar on plant physiology session I. Abstract 1-22 Indian Society for Plant physiology session R
41. Salisbury, F.B.; Ross. C. W. 1994. Fisiologia vegetal. Veracruz: Iberoamérica.
42. Shaltout, A.D.; Salem, A.T. and Kelany, A.S. 1988. Effect of pre bloom sprays and soil drenches of Paclobutrazol on growth, yield and fruit composition of ‘Roumi Red’ Grapes. J. Amer. Soci. Hort. Sci., 113:13-17.
43. Singh, K.; Singh, B.P. and Singh, S.P. 2005. Effect of cycocel, potassium sulphate and benlate on shelf life of Ber (Zizyphus mauritiana lamk). Onssa J. Hort., 33 (1) 96-99.
44. Sindhu, S.S. and Singhrot, R.S. 1996. Effect of oil emulsion and chemicals on shelf lifp of Baramasi Lemon [Citrus Limon Burn). Haryana J. Hort. Set, 25(3): 67-73.
45. Singh, B.K. 1988. Post-harvest studies of Mango (Mangifera indica L.). Thesis submitted to RAU, Pusa. Bihar for the award of Ph D. Degree, pp 61-91.
46. Singh, B.K. and Singh, T. 1993. Spoilage and economic life of Zardalu and Langra mangoes as influenced by certain post-harvest treatments. Bihar J. Exp. Hort. 1 (1): 1-5 .
47. Singh, B.N.; Seshagiri, P.V.V. and Gupta, S.S. 1937. Ontogenic drifts in the physiology and chemistry of tropical fruits under orchard condition- . Ind. J. Agri. Set 7: 176.
48. Singh, D., Mandal, G. and Sharma, K.R. 2007. Reduce post-harvest losses in peach. Indian Horticulture, March-April: 23-25. S
49. Steffins, G.L. and Wang, S.Y. 1984. Physiological changes induced by Paclobutrazol (PP333) in Apples, Acta. Hortic.. 146: 135-142.
50. Steffins, G.L.; Stafford, A.E. and Lin, J.T. 1990. Gibberellins of Apple seeds from Paclobutrazol treated trees. Proc. Plant Growth Regulator Society of America. XVIIth Annual Meeting St. Paul Minnesota, USA, 5-6 August 1990. 36, Ithaca, New York, USA; Plant Growth Regulator Society of America.
51. Steffins, G.L.; Wang. S.Y. and. Byun. J.K. 1984. Effects if altering Gibberellins availability on growth and chemical composition of apple seedling Proc. Xth Ann. meeting, Plant Growth Regulator Soc. of Ame. , Boston. Massachusetts, P. 45, Lake Alfred Florida, USA, Florida, Department of Citrus.
52. Steffins, G. L. wang, S.Y.; Steffins, C.L. and Brennan, T. 1983. Influence of Paclobutrazol (PP333) on apple seedlings, growth and Physiology Proc. Plant Growth Regulate. Soc. Amer. 10: 195-206.
53. Swietlik, D. and Miller, S.S. 1983. The effect of Paclobutrazol on growth and response to water stress of apple seedlings, J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 108: 1076-1080.
54. Wang, S.Y. and Steffins, G.L. 1987. Effects of Paclobutrazol on accumulation of Organic Acids and total phenols in wood. J. Plant growth regulation. 6:209-213
55. Zoec Klein, B.w.; wolf, T.K. and Judge·JM 1991, Paclobutrazol effects on fruit Composition and fruit rot of Riesling. (Vitis Vinifera) Grapes in Virginia, Plant Growth Regulators Soc. of Amer. Quarterly., 19: 101-111.