Research Article of Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacy
Characteristics of Cardiovascular Diseases of Hospital Patients Regional Em Garanhuns – PE
Freitas JMM1, Pacheco ICO1, Lopes LGF2, Bezerra PB3
Specialization in Medical-Surgical Multidisciplinary Residency of the Internalization and Health Care, Federal University of Pernambuco (UFPE)1. Garanhuns – PE, Making Master’s Degree in Gerontology for the Federal University of Pernambuco /UFPE2. Making Master’s Degree in Child and Adolescent the Federal University of Pernambuco /UFPE3.
To determine the profile of patients treated at the Regional Hospital of Garanhuns/PE affected by cardiovascular disease, check the socioeconomic condition, lifestyle and consumer atherogenic foods. A descriptive cross-sectional study, we assessed 42 patients aged 18 to 100 years. As a research tool used a questionnaire alimetar consumption, with questions about intake of foods rich in saturated fats, cholesterol and another to assess socioeconomic status, physical activity, alcohol consumption and smoking. Prevailed females 57.1 %, socioeconomic class type D 59.5 %. Sedentary lifestyle was present in 69 % of subjects, smoking 52.4 % and 26.2% alcohol. Foods high in cholesterol highlights a consumption frequency weekly as fatty meats 73.8 %. The findings demonstrate the need to strengthen health education in primary care.
Keywords: Cardiovascular Diseases, Hospital Patients, Em Garanhuns – PE
- Mansur AP, Favarato, D. Mortality from cardiovascular disease in Brazil and in the Metropolitan region from São Paulo: Update 2011. 2012.
- Mendes MJFL, Alves JGB, Alves AV, Siqueira PP, Freire EFCF. Association of risk factors for cardiovascular disease in adolescents and their parents. RevBras Saúde Matern Infant. Recife 2006, may; 6 (1): 49-54.
- Moreira TMM, Gomes EB, Santos JC. Cardiovascular risk factors in young adults with hypertension and / or diabetes mellitus. Rev Gaúcha Enferm. Porto Alegre (RS) 2010 december; 31 (4): 662-9.
- Neumann AICP, Martins IS, Marcopito LF, Araujo EAC. Dietary patterns associated with risk factors for cardiovascular disease in a Brazilian city. Rev Panam Salud Publica.2007;22(5):329–39.
- 5Mazaro IAR, Zanolli ML, Antonio MA, Morcillo AM, Zambon MP. Obesity and cardiovascular risk factors in student from Sorocaba, SP. RevAssocMed Bras. 2011; 57 (6): 674-680.
- Souza ARA, Costa A, Nakamura D, Mocheti LN, Filho PRS, Ovando LA. A study about hypertension in the city of Campo Grande, MS. 2007; 88 (4): 441-446.
- EykenEBBDOV, Moraes CL. Prevalence of risk factors for cardiovascular disease among men in an urban population of southeastern Brazil. Cad Saúde Pública. Rio de Janeiro 2009 janeiro; 25 (1): 111-123.
- Santos MG, Pegoraro M, Sandrini F, Macuco EC. Risk factors for the development of atherosclerosis in childhood and adolescence. 2008, 90 (4): 301-308.
- Ribeiro AC, Sávio KEO, Rodrigues MLCF, Costa THM, Schmitz BAS. Validation of a frequency questionnaire of food intake for adults. RevNutr Campinas. 2006;19(5):553-62.
- Lemos KF, Davis R, Moraes MA, Azzolin K. Prevalence of risk factors for acute coronary syndrome in patients attended in an emergency. Rev Gaúcha Enferm., Porto Alegre (RS) 2010 march;31(1):129-35.
- Ministry of Health, Secretariat of Health Surveillance. Brazilian mortality Profile. [cited in 2010 Dec 10]. Available in: http://portal.saude. gov.br/portal/arquivos/pdf/coletiva_saude_061008.pdf.
- Piccini RX, Facchini LA, Tomasi E, Thumé E, Silveira DS, Siqueira FV, Rodrigues MA. Need for common health for the elderly: effectiveness in the offer and use of primary health care. Cienc.Saude Colet. 2006 september; 11 (3): 657-67.
- Caetano JA, Costa AC, Santos ZMSA, Soares E. Description of risk factors for cardiovascular alterations in an elderly group. Text Context Enferm, Florianópolis 2008 april-june; 17(2): 327-35.
- Nunes MM, Figueiroa JN, Alves JG. Overweight, physical activity and eating habits among students of different economic classes of Campo Grande (PB). RevAssocMed Bras. 2007;53(2):130-4.
- Bueno JM, Martino HSD, Fernandes MFS, Costa LS, Silva RR. Nutritional evaluation and prevalence of chronic diseases in the elderly participating in an assistance program. Ciência & Saúde Coletiva. 2008; 13 (4): 1237-1246.
- Ferreira CCCF, Peixoto MRG, Barbosa MA, Silveira EA. Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Elderly prevalence of the Unified Health System Users in Goiânia. ArqBrasCardiol. 2010; 95 (5): 621-628.
- Nesi TR. Analysis of anthropometric indicators and risk factors for cardiovascular disease in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus in three basic health units in Criciúma – SC. 2009, Criciúma,2009 july.
- Fonseca LRT, MoreiraMDL, Souza OJP. The anthropometric assessment, blood pressure, lifestyle and current health status of individuals who regularly attended the association light and life in the city of Ouvidor-GO. Revista Eletrônica Saúde CESUC. 2010 (1).
- Borges CF, Busnello FM, Pellanda LC. Cardiovascular Risk Factors Identification of parents / caregivers of children with heart disease. 2012; 99 (4): 936-943.
- Souza, ARA, Costa A, Nakamura D,Mocheti L,Stevanato Filho, PR., Ovando LA. A study about hypertension in the city of Campo Grande/MS. Brazilian Archives of Cardiology. 2007; 88 (4): 441-446.
- Girotto E, Andrade SM, Cabrera MAS, Ridão EG. Prevalence of risk factors for cardiovascular disease in hypertensive registered in family health unit. Acta Scientiarum. Health Sciences.Maringa 2009; 31 (1): 77-82.
- Cimadon HMS, Geremia R, Pellanda LC. Eating Habits and Risk Factors for Atherosclerosis in students from Bento Gonçalves (RS). ArqBrasCardiol 2010; 95 (2): 166-172.