Editorial Board of International Journal of Central Nervous System Disease
Dr. Jitesh K. Kar
Clinical assistant professor
Department of Internal Medicine – Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Huntsville Regional Campus
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Jitesh K. Kar to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Central Nervous System Disease.
• American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
• Medical Society of Madison County (MCMS)
• Medical Association of State of Alabama (MASA – Delegate)
• Alabama Academy of Neurology
• American Association of Physician of Indian Origin (AAPI)
• Alabama Association of Physicians of Indian Origin – President
• Association of Indian Neurologists in America (AINA)
• Medical Council of India (MCI)
• Recipient of “ARGUS Award for Best Clinical Educator in Community” at UAB, 2017
• Recipient of “Frank M. Yatsu award for Excellence in Clinical Neurology” for 2011-2014 at University of Texas Medical Center at Houston (UT Houston)
• Recipient of “The Best Resident as a Teacher” award in Department of Neurology at UT Houston 2011-2014
• Recipient of Arnold P. Gold Foundation award for Resident Excellence in Humanism and Teaching for 2013-14 from UT Houston
• Recipient of Arnold P. Gold Foundation award for Resident Excellence in Humanism and Teaching for 2012-13 from UT Houston
• 2nd prize in scientific poster presentation (Educational Research – Improving Neurology Clerkship for Medical Students) at Texas Neurological Society Meeting 2014
• 3 rd prize in scientific poster presentation competition (Hashimoto Encephalopathy case presented as an acute stroke treated with IV-tPA) at Texas Neurological Society 2013
• Awarded as a “Resident with the best communication and interpersonal skills” at New York Medical College/Metropolitan Hospital June 2011
• Elected Resident representative for University of Texas, Houston at Texas Neurological Society Residents association 2013 – 2014
• Elected Senate – Representative for Department of Neurology in Association of residents at University of Texas Medical Center at Houston, TX (2012 – 2013)
• Scholarship from Ratan Tata Trust in the year 2004-2005, for the excellent academic achievement (in top 1 % of students of medical school)
• Awarded as the best teacher among students in final year of medical school April 2006 at Grant Medical College & J.J. Hospital
• J. Kar, F. N. Nguyen, S. Moody. Pattern of restricted diffusion seen on magnetic resonance imaging in Maple Syrup Urine Disease. Journal of Pediatric Neurology 49 (2013) 505 – 506.
• A. Patel et al, J. Kar, G. Nadkarni. A Nationwide Analysis of Outcomes of Weekend Admissions for Intracerebral Hemorrhage Shows Disparities Based on Hospital Teaching Status. The Neurohospitalist April 2016 vol. 6, no. 2. 51-58.
• F. N. Nguyen, J. Kar, V. Misra. Aortogenic Left Middle Cerebral Artery Ischemic Stroke. The Neurohospitalist 2(3) 106. (July 2012)
• F. N. Nguyen, J. Kar, A. Zakaria, and M Schiess. Isolated Central Nervous System Histoplasmosis presenting with ischemic pontine stroke and meningitis in an immunecompetent patient. JAMA Neurology March 11, 2013; 638 – 641.
• F. N. Nguyen, J. Kar, A. Zakaria. A case of hypokalemic periodic paralysis in the setting of neurogenic diabetes insidipdus. – The Neurohospitalist. September 4, 2013 1941874413495702
• R. C. Knowlton, J. Kar, S. Miller, N. Limdi, R. Elgavish, F. Gilliam, K. Riley, J. Howell, and M. Kilgore. Preference based quality of life measures for neocortical epilepsy surgery. Epilepsia May 2011, Volume 52 (5): 1018-1020, 2011
• D. G. Clark and J. Kar. Bias of quantifier scope interpretation is attenuated in normal aging and semantic dementia. Journal of Neurolinguistics Volume 24, Issue 4, July 2011, Pages 401–419.
CertificateClick to download