Editorial Board of American Journal of Chemical Research
Dr Sharma Kumari Kavita
Department of Chemistry, Idaho State University, 921 S. 8th Ave. Pocatello, Idaho 83209-8023, USA
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr Sharma Kumari Kavita to Join the Editorial Board of American Journal of Chemical Research.
Summary of Qualifications
Chemistry, Analytical chemistry, HPLC, LC-MS, NMR, GC-MS, IR, UV-Vis Spectroscopy, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, antioxidant activity, waste management, biological assay, purification and characterization of bioactive compound, chemical modification of bioactive compounds, environment stress on onion, storage system, packing, herbicides, pesticides, beverage etc. Origin, Excel, ChemDraw, Mnova, Mathcad, strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
PhD, Molecular Biotechnology; Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea 2015
MS, Analytical Chemistry; Department of Chemistry, University of Pune, India 2007
BS, Chemistry; University of Pune, India 2005
Research Assistant Professor, Idaho State University/INL, Idaho (USA) 2017 – present
• Routinely performed troubleshooting for LC-MS QTOF, HPLC, NMR improvements
• Development of method for the characterization of ligands used in nuclear waste fuel (At INL)
• Created new course for undergraduate and graduate students (CHEM-4499; Natural Product Chemistry)
• Mentoring BS/MS students for their research work
• Chairing the Graduate Program Committee
Assistant Professor, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan (South Korea) 2015 – 2017
• Teaching courses on ‘Analytical Instrumentation and Bioseparation Technology’ to graduate and undergraduate students.
• Reviewing and assigning work to students, and assisting them at structure elucidation of newly synthesized compounds using advanced analytical techniques, viz., FTIR and NMR (Varian Agilent 600 MHz and Bruker 400 MHz -AVANCE 400)
• Providing in-depth analytical support to synthesis group and performing bioassay (antibacterial and anti-biofilm)
• Synthesis of new derivatives of indole, aminopyridines, quinoline compounds in an effort to identify improved antibacterial and antibiofilm activity
• Data compilation, writing and proofreading the manuscripts for publication; Writing project proposals for funding research
Graduate Research Assistant, Konkuk University, Seoul (South Korea) 2010 – 2015
• Designed and managed multiple projects and evaluated statistical experimental designs to assist in method development, optimization, and robustness studies
• Laboratory resources management from chemicals to instruments
• Comprehensive profiling of various phytochemical compounds extracted from onion, aloe vera, citrus, radish, lettuce, etc.
• Developed methods for assays, removing impurities and isolation of bioactive components to solve challenging chemistry from different plants
• Isolated different phytochemicals from plants and fruits using semi-preparative HPLC technique
• Assisted the graduate students in their laboratory experiments on analysis and characterization.
• Supported the biotechnology group for the preparation and analysis of biological samples
• Gained proficiency in molecular structure designing and statistical analysis programs, such as Chemdraw and OriginPro 8.1.
Research Chemist, CHEMBIOTEK Research International Pvt. Ltd., (India) 2007 – 2010
• Supported analytical chemistry needs for all sorts of identification, purification and characterization of drug molecules.
• Developed HPLC analytical methods for normal-phase and reversed-phase
• Responsible for analytical method troubleshooting and technical transfer of methods to LC-MS and prep-HPLC
• Reviewed laboratory notebooks, prepared technical documents and reports
• Responsible for the calibration and maintenance of Agilent 1200 series with Chemstation software, WATERS 2695-(Empower software with UV/Visible detector 2489 & photo diode array 2998), LC-2010 SHIMADZU (LC solution software), including HPLC training
• Performed regular analysis of 1H, 13C, D2O exchange experiments with Bruker 400 MHz (AVANCE 400)-NMR and few 2D experiments
• Best Poster Presentation award at PIKO Science Colloquium: Knowledge Exchange with International Students, Seoul, South Korea, November 30, 2014
• Korean Government Fellowship during Doctoral Research at Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea, 2010-2014
• NRF South Korea, 2017-2018 (Synthesis and characterization of novel bio-nanocomposite using onion waste extract and its application in various field)
• Undergraduate Research Project funds (2018-2019)
• College of Science and Engineering (CoSE) Internal Grant, 2018-2019
• Internal Collaborative Partnerships Grant (2019-2020)